Bottling your homebrew is the worse part of the hobby. Bottles are heavy, hard to store, and a pain to sanitize. Ever wonder if there was an easier way to package your beer? Enter the Oktober Designs Can Sealer. Yes, you canning your homebrew is possible, and not just something reserved for pro brewers.
My conclusion? Beg, borrow, or steal the money to buy one of these. Maybe even get a few homebrew friends to go in on it together. It is a fantastic piece of equipment. Watch the video review and see it in action.
Can Seamer Pros and Cons
- Easy to use.
- Seals the can in seconds…I sealed a 6 pack in under 2 minutes.
- Seals 12oz and 16oz cans.
- Cans are lighter and easier to store.
- Cans are easier to sanitize.
- It looks cool to give your beers out in cans.
- The company has fantastic customer service.
- Did I mention how cool it is to have your beer in cans?
- The seal seems to be very good. Tried a beer a week after sealing with no loss of carbonation.
- The operating manual was emailed to me instead of included with the machine. I didn’t realize this and was using it incorrectly. Maybe a slip saying “check your email” would be helpful.
- The Price… $1,500 is a bit steep for most people’s homebrew budget. (unless you split it with a group of brewing buddies
- They didn’t make this sooner!!!
Check out the can seamer from Oktober Design.