Looking for your next kick-ass homebrewing recipe? You’re in the right place. These are proven beer brewing recipes – guaranteed to earn you MANY firm pats on the back and silent nods of approval.
Unlike many homebrewing sites, our recipes are very detailed. I know how frustrating it is to find a “half complete” homebrewing recipe. That’s why you’ll find stats, instructions, videos, comments, and tasting notes by our team of beer drinking experts.
Don’t know what to brew next? Check out the Homebrew Challenge.
Homebrewing Recipes for Beginners
These beers are easier to brew because they don’t take as long, don’t require lagering, or don’t take advanced techniques. But that doesn’t mean these beers are bland.
Actually they’re some of my favorite recipes. A beer doesn’t need to be complicated to taste great.
Advanced Homebrewing Recipes
These recipes are a little more advanced but still within reach for most brewers. They include lagers and recipes where “weird” ingredients are used. Some of them are really damn fun to make. All are delicious.
- NEIPA New England IPA
- Sour Beer
- Barrel Fermented French Saison
- “Salt Gose the Margarita” Gose Beer
- Stone Old Guardian Clone
Regional Beer Recipes
- American Beer Brewing Recipes
- Belgian Beer Brewing Recipes
- British Beer Brewing Recipes
- Clone Beer Recipes
- Czech Beer Brewing Recipes
- European Beer Brewing Recipes
- German Beer Brewing Recipes
- Historical Beer Brewing Recipes
- Indian Beer Brewing Recipes
- International Beer Brewing Recipes
- Irish Beer Brewing Recipes
- Scottish Beer Brewing Recipes
- Special Beer Brewing Recipes
Beer Brewing Recipes (Full HBA List)
- Snickers Milk Stout: Everything You Need to Know about Crafting this Delicous Brew
- Mashing Pumpkins – How To Turn Post-Halloween Pumpkins Into Amazing Homebrew Beer Recipes
- How To Brew Kolsch Beer: Mastering the Minutiae of German Purity
- How To Brew Gose Beer: Zesty Expedition into German Sour, Salty Goodness
- How To Brew Witbier: The Belgian Way to White, Wonderful Brews
- How to Brew American Blonde Ale: Unlocking the Quintessential Easy-Drinker
- How To Brew Double IPA: Doubling Down on IPA Mastery
- How To Brew Berliner Weisse: Berlin’s Authentic Sour Symphony
- How To Brew an American Wheat Beer: Mastering the Grainy Goodness of the U.S. Brew Scene
- How To Brew British Golden Ale: Britannia Rules the Ales, Royal Guide to UK’s Brightest Brew
- How To Brew Tropics Hazy IPA: Secrets of a Juicy, Sun-Kissed Ale
- Epic Scottish Ale Recipe: Brewing Up a Storm with Scottish Flair and Flavor
- How To Brew American Light Lager: Master the Art of Light, Crisp, and Refreshing Lager
- Victoria Bitter Clone Recipe: Your Blueprint for Brewing a True Aussie Original
- How to Brew New Zealand Pilsner: Secrets to Crafting Down Under’s Kiwi Lager
- How To Brew German Pils Beer: The ‘Hoppy Place’ with Germany’s Beer Gem
- How to Brew American Pale Ale: Crafting the Quintessential American Hoppy Ale
- How to Brew California Common: Mastering the Art of the West Coast’s Iconic Steam Beer
- How To Brew Munich Helles Beer: Crafting Bavaria’s Iconic Golden Lager at Home
- How To Brew Piwo Grodziskie: Secrets of Poland’s Classic Oak-Smoked Wheat Ale
- How To Brew Belgian Pale Ale: True Monk Approved Belgian-Style Ale with Authentic Ingredients
- How To Brew International Pale Lager: Merging Traditions for a Global Palate
- How To Brew White IPA: Harmonious Blend of Wit and Hops
- How To Brew Kentucky Common: Reviving America’s Nearly Lost Beer!
- How To Brew American Lager Beer: From Coast to Coaster – Brewing the Quintessential Patriotic Pint
- How To Brew Pre-Prohibition Lager: Historical Bootleg Brews Revived
- How To Brew Belgian Blond Ale: Golden Grains and Belgian Yeast Secrets
- How To Brew Festbier: Prost to Perfection in the Traditions of Munich’s Grand Festival Brew
- How to Brew Lichtenhainer: Dive into the Smoky-Sour Secrets of This German Ale
- How To Brew Czech Premium Pale Lager: From Czech Valleys to Velvety Pints
- How To Brew Czech Pale Lager: Authentic Aromas of Prague Pints
- How to Brew 5 Day IPA: Lightning Lager Brewing to Hoppy Perfection
- Simple vs Complex Pale Ale: Bare Basics to Layered Luxuries
- How To Brew Oktoberfest Beer [Märzen]: Malty Magic of Bavarian Biergartens
- How to Brew Pale Kellerbier: Unfiltered Universe of Rustic German Brews
- How to Brew Tropical Pale Ale with Steam Hops: Island Breezes and Steamy Sips
- How To Brew Garlic Beer: Embracing the Aromatic Allure of Allicin Ales
- How To Brew Pre-Prohibition Porter: Vintage Vibes & Classic Crafts
- How to Brew Trippelbock: Bavarian Brew Halls, Malty Mountains and Hoppy Heights
- How to Brew Tropical Stout: Island Vibes, Rich Rhythms, Dark Delights
- How To Brew Leichtbier: Gentle Gusto of German Pilsners
- How to Brew Dank West Coast IPA & Dose with CDB: Hops and Hemp Harmony
- How To Brew Scottish Light Beer: From Celtic Castles to Crisp Casks
- How To Brew Bière de Garde: French Fields to Old Farmhouse Ales
- How to Brew Amber Kellerbier: From Franconian Depths to Amber Excellence
- How To Brew Australian Sparkling Ale: Down Under’s Crisp Carbonation and Aussie Aromas
- How to Brew Smoke Beer (Rauchbier): Bold and Smoky Soul of Bamberg
- How To Brew Wheatwine: Liquid Golden Grains of Strong Ale Artistry
- How To Brew London Brown Ale: From Foggy Streets to Flavorful Feats
- How To Brew Irish Extra Stout: Dublin’s Rich Roasts and Celtic Charms!
- How To Brew Brown IPA: Rich Resonance in this Blend of Roast and Resin
- How to Brew Belgian IPA: Merging Hoppy Heights with Belgian Complexity
- How To Brew Sahti: Nordic Forests and Juniper Joys in Age-Old Beer Traditions
- How To Brew International Dark Lager: Robust and Roasty World of Dark Lager Beers
- How To Brew Roggenbier: Germany’s Rye Beer Renaissance
- How To Brew Lambic Beer: Belgium’s Spontaneous Wild Yeasts and Wonderful Beers
- How To Brew Scottish Export Beer: Scottish Sojourn with Rich Tastes from the Highlands
- How To Brew English IPA: Balanced Beauty of Britain’s Pioneering Pints
- How to Brew Peanut Butter Porter with Milk Chocolate Cocoa Nibs: Dessert in a Glass
- How To Brew Dunkles Weissbier: Velvety Shadows in this Bavarian Dark Delight Beer
- How to Brew American Strong Ale: From Coast to Coaster with this Hearty and Hoppy Beer
- How To Brew Flanders Red Ale: Dive into Belgium’s Flemish Fermentation Fantasies
- How To Brew International Amber Lager: Around the World in One Pint
- How To Brew Ordinary Bitter: Celebrate the Simplicity of this Mild Malt, Perfect Pint
- How to Brew English Barleywine: Liquid Legacy of Royal Richness Beer
- How To Brew Old Ale: Channeling the Deep, Mature Magic Roots of Historical Brews
- How To Brew Helles Bock: From Munich Meadows to Malty Magic
- How To Brew German Helles Exportbier: Capturing Continental Beer Brilliance
- How to Brew an Eisbock: Thawing the Cold Magic Secrets of Germany’s Strongest Brew
- How To Brew Burton Ale: Going for a Burton British Brew with Rich Heritage
- How To Brew Red Ale: Crafting a Picture-Perfect Raiant Red Beer
- How to Brew Altbier: From Düsseldorf to Your Doorstep, Old World Ale with Modern Appeal
- How To Czech Amber Lager Beer: Blueprint to a Classic European Beer Delight
- How To Brew Rye IPA: Spice, Hops, and Everything Nice
- How To Brew Foreign Extra Stout: Dark, Rich, and Worldly
- How To Brew Belgian Strong Golden Ale: High ABV and Complex Flavor Jewel of Belgian
- How to Brew an Ultimate Haze IPA: Murky, Hoppy, Heavenly Cloudy Craft Revolution
- How to Brew Peppermint Porter: Frothy Festive Flavors of Winter Wonderland
- How to Brew Black IPA: Merging Darkness with Hoppy Delight
- How To Brew Scottish Heavy Beer: From Tartan Highland Taps to Your Tankard
- How To Brew British Brown Ale: A UK Classic Timeless Tipple
- How to Brew a Doppelbock: Double the Malts, Double the Bavarian Delight
- How To Brew Weizenbock Beer: Rich German Bavarian Bliss in a Bottle
- How to Brew American Amber Ale: Richness of a Red-Hued Iconic American Classic
- How To Brew Trappist Single: Sacred Suds & Age-Old Traditions
- How to Brew Milk Stout: Silky Smooth Pint from Scratch
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Beer Recipe [Roasty Stout] Harvest Hops Meets Cafe Delight
- How To Brew American Barleywine: Boldness and Complexity in This Hearty Ale
- How To British Strong Ale: The Regel Crown Jewel of Ales
- How To Brew Wee Heavy Beer: Hearty Tradition of The Scottish Sensation
- How To Brew American Stout: Rich and Velvety Dark Glory in a Glass
- How To Brew Dark Mild Beer: British Classic From UK Pubs to Your Pint Glass
- How to Brew Munich Dunkel: Mastering the Malty Magic of Bavaria!
- How To Brew Czech Dark Lager Beer: From Prague to Pint With This European Elixir
- How to Brew Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter: Liquid Dessert in a Pint
- How to Brew American Brown Ale: Perfect Balance of Rich and Nutty Flavors
- Brewing Pumpkin Beer: How Roasted Pumpkin Takes It to the Next Level
- How to Brew Russian Imperial Stout: Step-by-Step into the Depths of This Dark Elixir
- How to Brew Irish Stout: From Dublin Pubs to Your Pint Glass
- Cherry Chocolate Nitro Porter Recipe
Beer Cocktails Recipes
Still can’t decide what to brew next? Don’t worry, get inspired by joining a beer of the month club here and you’ll be sure to find one that you’ll love to try and brew up for yourself!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Start With Homebrew Beer Recipes?
Starting with homebrew beer recipes is a rewarding venture. First, select a beer recipe that aligns with your taste preferences and brewing skill level.
There is a plethora of beer recipes available including ale recipes, all grain beer recipes, and other beer brewing recipes. Gather the necessary ingredients and equipment as listed in the chosen recipe, then follow the step-by-step instructions provided in the recipe to brew your beer.
As you gain experience, feel free to experiment with different brew recipes to find what suits your taste.
What Variety of Beer Recipes Can I Explore?
You can explore a diverse range of beer recipes to cater to different tastes and brewing experiences. There are various categories of beer recipes including ale recipes, all grain beer recipes, and other beer brewing recipes.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced brewer, there’s a rich variety of recipes to delve into, ranging from simpler brew recipes to more complex homebrew beer recipes, enabling you to enhance your home brewing skills.
How Can I Enhance My Beer Brewing Recipe Repertoire?
Enhancing your beer brewing recipe repertoire can be achieved by exploring and experimenting with a variety of brewing recipes. Dive into different categories of beer recipes such as ale recipes, all grain beer recipes, or even brewery recipes.
As you try different brew recipes, you’ll learn more about the brewing process, ingredient interactions, and ultimately, you’ll discover what flavor profiles you prefer.
Over time, this exploration will lead to a richer understanding and appreciation of home brewing recipes and techniques.
What Are Some Tips to Perfect My Home Brew Recipes?
Perfecting your home brew recipes involves a mix of following the established recipes and incorporating your own tweaks. Begin with tried-and-tested homebrew recipes and follow the instructions precisely.
As you gain confidence, start experimenting with ingredient proportions, brewing times, or even adding new ingredients.
Keeping a brewing journal to note down the changes you made and how they affected the taste can be beneficial. This iterative process of brewing, tweaking, and noting down the results is a great way to perfect your home brew recipes.
What Makes a Beer Recipe Among the Best Beer Recipes?
The title of best beer recipes is subjective as it largely depends on personal taste preferences. However, certain qualities are often associated with the best beer recipes.
These include clear, step-by-step instructions, a balanced list of ingredients, and a good explanation of the brewing process. Moreover, recipes that offer a unique or distinct taste while also allowing for some personalization are often appreciated by home brewers.
Over time, you’ll find what characteristics in a beer recipe resonate with you and you can seek out or create recipes that align with those preferences.