Nothing takes the edge off more than a splendid tall glass of beer after a day of work. However, indulging in this privilege at a bar or a pub can be financially draining. In this article, we’ll go over some of the best-pressurized growlers that you can use to have a beer ‘on the go!’
The general purpose of this article is to help you choose the right product for yourself. After going through it, you’ll be better able to access what you need and find out what product will complement your lifestyle the best.
However, it’s important to understand that this review is flexible. If you’re looking for the right pressurized growler, chances are that you will find a couple or more that fits your needs. In that case, just go for the one that costs less.
Go here if you want a simpler, ‘non-pressurized' beer growler.
What is a pressurized growler?
- 1 What is a pressurized growler?
- 2 Why should you get a pressurized growler?
- 3 Pressurized Growlers – material and characteristics
- 4 Keeping your growler clean
- 5 The Top Five Pressurized Growlers
- 6 Which One Should You Get?
- 7 Get My #1 Technique for Fixing Off-Flavors in Your Beer
A growler is a bottle that is used to store and transport beer. They can be made from a wide variety of raw materials such as glass, ceramic, plastic, or stainless steel.
With them, you get the absolute privilege to carry around quality beer with you, eliminating the need for any canned or bottled beer. This, in the long run, translates into a better experience.
Growlers come in many different shapes, designs, and types. The one that we’ll be dealing with here is pressure growlers. These are growlers that utilize pressure-sensitive equipment and technology to keep your beer fresh!
Different types of growlers come with a different set of advantages and disadvantages. The most famous products on the market are manufactured of glass, ceramic, and stainless steel. However, the main thing to remember is that you should go for a product that is both functional and looks good in the setting it is placed in.
Why should you get a pressurized growler?
A pressurized growler will serve you a plethora of benefits and advantages that you might be missing out in. Here are a few reasons why you should consider getting a pressurized growler for yourself!
Easy to transport fresh beer
Since pressurized growlers are air-tight, you can easily transport beer from one location to another without any loss of quality or quantity. This makes it optimal for whenever you want to take fresh beer or want it delivered to your place of choice. Growlers also come with a carrying handle, which makes it even easy to travel with them.
Bring home beer from a brewery
For the more enthusiasts out there, owning a growler will be a major factor if you want to purchase beer directly from the brewery. However, a word of caution that you should stick to is call up the brewery beforehand and ask them if they have any sort of laws and regulations about directly selling beer.
In the past few decades, home-brewing is a trend that is constantly on the rise. If you’re one of those individuals, then having a growler at hand will make your job easier. When giving out fresh home-brewed beer, the owner normally has to go through the tiresome process of bottling the beer up. However, if you have a growler, you can make the whole process significantly shorter while retaining all the fresh and original qualities. Furthermore, it will also be very easy to travel with!
Tap the keg
This part is more applicable for you if you frequently host parties or are a bartender. When the keg gets low, you can’t access it via the tap and the remaining beer is generally inaccessible. Hence, it’s put into a growler so that it can be served and still won’t lose its quality. Furthermore, this allows the host/bartender to tap another keg and not have angry guests to wait around for a fresh beer.
Pressurized Growlers – material and characteristics
As mentioned above, pressurized growlers are made of three different materials. These are glass, ceramic, and stainless steel. Each of them come with their set of benefits and disadvantages.
Widely available, these are the most popular type of growlers there are. Since the material is made out of glass, this serves the user the benefit of always being able to view what’s inside. Furthermore, users also find it satisfying being able to view the growler while it is being filled. However, the main disadvantage that glass growlers have is that the beer is liable to go bad if it is exposed to direct sunlight and UV rays.
Ceramic growlers are arguably the most aesthetic ones. Coming in hard and sturdy material, these growlers are often hard to carry around. Since you can’t view what’s inside, users often find it a little challenging to make sure that they don’t spill anything. Ceramic growlers work best for posh and high maintenance settings since they are hard to clean and are prone to chipping and breaking on harsh contact.
• Stainless steel
Stainless steel growlers are arguably one of the most effective and economical growlers there are. This is due to the insulation that the material provides, which helps you keep the beer cold for longer periods. Furthermore, the material is less susceptible to damage and is also easier to carry around. The only downside that they have is that their exterior is opaque, which means you won’t be easily able to view what’s inside, making the filling part quite difficult.
Keeping your growler clean
Keeping your growler clean is the first step to ensuring that it delivers well. Here are a few ways you can go about it!
• Quick rinsing
After finishing your beer, go for a quick rinse. Doing so with hot water means that you won’t have to wash it out or anything later on and that your growler is ready for round 2!
If you let your growler sit for a while, then using a detergent or a cleanser is the optimal way to go about it. However, ensure that the liquid you use isn’t fat or oil-based because they leave behind residues which can be quite hard and tricky to eliminate.
• Always use a brush
If you want to go the extra mile with the last point, then consider using a brush to clean out the interior. Any carbon-based brush or a baby brush is likely to do the job well. Just ensure that the brush doesn’t have any metal wiring because that might damage the interior.
• Let it air dry
Let the growler air dry after washing. Do not use a towel to dry it up because that might leave behind residues and minute fibers. Lean it against something so that the moisture within dries up naturally. In this regard, patience is a virtue. Let the growler dry by itself for the best results!
The Top Five Pressurized Growlers
Wondering which models are currently the best available on the market? Along with a short review, we’ve also mentioned a few pros and cons that will equip you to make a better decision for yourself!
1. BACOENG 128 Ounce Pressurized Keg Growler
- 128 OZ (3.6L)304 Stainless Steel Keg: Keep beer fresh and cold
- Upgraded CO2 Tap System: Provide More stable output pressure; Protect pressure gauge; Safer and easier to use
- Variable pressure regulation cap maintains perfect carbonation. 30 Days Add-on Accessory Support & One Year Warranty
- Portable. Share your beer and homebrew with friends at parties and BBQs!
- Threaded CO2 Cartridge System (3/8" CO2 Cartridge) - CO2 CARTRIDGE NOT INCLUDED!
This is a lightweight model made of stainless steel and weighs 5 pounds. Furthermore, it has a capacity of 3.6L, making it optimal for transport and trips!
The model has many interesting features and attributes to it, which makes it a best seller. For starters, it features an upgraded and improved CO2 tap system. This ensures that the tap delivery is optimal and smooth and reduces any chances of unwanted spillage.
The BACOENG also comes with a variable pressure regulation cap. You can use this to tweak the level of carbonation, which will keep your beer fresh and cold for long periods!
The model is optimal to have for beer lovers. The package comes with a plethora of other things as well, such as a traveling cup and a food-grade hose.
The BACOENG is also quite easy to clean and take care of. Due to its rigid design, you don’t have to worry about light impacts or collisions. And as far as cleaning goes, just stick to the procedure mentioned above!
Last but not least, this model also comes with an elaborative manual guide which can help you set up this model with relative ease so that you can make the most of what you have.
• With its detailed design and creative model, this is a perfect choice for beer lovers!
• Excellent storage capacity and aesthetics, which means it is suitable for use on the road as well!
• The new integrated CO2 tap system is a significant improvement on the last model
• The quality is quite good and sturdy, which grants it excellent durability and longevity
• The model package does not include a cartridge package
• Carrying it around might be a hassle because it doesn’t have a good handle
• Users might have to purchase necessary accessories separately
2. GrowlerWerks uKeg Pressurized Growler
- Ukeg - keep beer fresh for weeks.
- Carbonation cap - automatically regulates pressure to optimally carbonate beer. Choose desired carbonation level, from zero (off) up to...
- Vessel - durable, double-wall Vacuum-insulated Stainless Steel.
- Pressure gauge - easily read the pressure inside the growler.
- Dispenser tap - easily pours beer any time, without removing cap. Plus tap lock to prevent dispensing.
This is an elegant model that is designed to look good in all sorts of settings. The model weighs 4.75 pounds and has a capacity of 128 ounces. Being manufactured out of stainless steel, this is the best model to go with if you’re looking for something sturdy and strong!
The model employs a smart VPR cap, which is responsible for auto-regulation of the carbonation level. This means you don’t have to worry about the pressure levels – the model will do that for you!
The dispenser top inserted is an easy-to-operate model and contains a lock that will prevent any sort of leakage or dispensing. Furthermore, the vessel of this model is durable and double-walled, which will keep your beer cold as long as you like.
The tap handles are interchangeable. You can choose whatever that fits your style. Furthermore, the model also has an integrated sight glass that will show you the contents inside and how much is exactly left.
The model is also quite easy to clean and keep up with. The aesthetics of this model dictate that it will sit well in all different sorts of settings without sticking out too much.
• The cap is adjustable and maintains and regulates the pressure quite well!
• Custom dispenser ensures that no leakage ever takes place while also making it easier to access beer!
• Immaculate vacuum insulation keeps the beer cold for the longest period
• Sight glass shows you how many beers are left in the keg!
• The tap locking mechanism might wear out with time
• Assembling the product from the manual is a little tricky and requires patience and hard work
3. Pressurized Beer Mini Keg System
- 64OZ VOLUME CAPACITY: Includes metal screw on lid for easy portable transportation and storage. Its 13.4” height fits in your home...
- KEEPS YOUR BEER FRESH: A traditional growler will let carbonated beer go flat after the first pour but not this mini growler, as it...
- STAINLESS STEEL MATERIAL: Each of the accessories in the tap dispenser kit is constructed with S/S 304 stainless steel. Tap faucet...
- WORKS W/ DISPOSABLE CO2: Not included - Each cartridge will pump around 128oz of beer before depleting Co2 cartridge. Screw universal...
- UPGRADED REGULATOR: Monitor the mini keg growler’s current PSI from the regulator gauge and fine tune pressure by rotating the...
As far as good products go, this model is undoubtedly one of the most efficient ones on the market. With a capacity of 64 ounces, this model weighs in at 4.08 pounds, making it optimal for carrying around or traveling with.
The model, unlike the previous two, comes with a handle. This makes it easy to travel with and carry around. Furthermore, the height of this model, which goes up to 13 inches, makes sure that it will easily fit in your fridge/refrigerator. The barrel is also laser marked to let the user know when it is full!
The model is crafted from stainless steel, which means that it will keep your beer cold and well for extended periods. As far as storage goes, the model is reputed for being functional for about two months. Likewise, the model is also quite sturdy and strong, making it less likely to break under harsh conditions.
The model features a few updates as well. The main one includes a better regulator, which makes it easier to maintain and regulate the PSI levels of the vessel. Furthermore, the model also works well with disposable CO2 cartridges. However, the downside is that they aren’t included and have to be purchased separately.
• The model is made from quality stainless steel that will keep your beer fresh and cold!
• The upgraded regulator ensures that the pressure level is kept optimal!
• The assembly is quite easy and straightforward, making it optimal for beginners as well!
• Very easy to carry around/Portability is the key feature of this model.
• Can be stored easily in the fridge or refrigerator for additional cooling
• Some dripping might happen now and then
• The product does not come with a sleeve
• CO2 cartridges aren’t included in the kit and need to be purchased separately
4. 5L Craft Beer Tower by Spotted Dog
- NO MORE FLAT BEER. Fill the mini keg at your local tap room and keep it fresh for weeks.
- HUGE! This system is 5L (10 pints) which makes it much larger than most of the beer dispensers on Amazon
- INSULATOR SLEEVE included. This sleeve will keep your system cold 50% longer than the competitor products
- ADJUSTABLE PRESSURE All beers require different dispense pressures and this system allows you to perfectly dial in the right pressure
- Cartridges SOLD SEPARATELY
Spotted Dog is one of the most renowned manufacturers of growlers in this day and age. Their new model, the 5L Craft Beer Tower, has a capacity of 5L and weighs around 6.55 pounds.
A major upgrade from their last one, you will love the new stainless steel look, offering users with the best beer experience. Their immaculate design and functionality ensure that your beer stays cool and cold.
The model stands tall at 17 inches, which means along with being the perfect growler for you, it can also serve the additional purpose of being a great house prop. Due to its appearance and color, it will also look good on the counter.
The Craft Beer Tower also comes with good packaging and has excellent presentation. The best accessory included in their package is a keg sleeve, which you put onto your growler. This will serve as additional insulation and will keep your beer cool for a longer period.
The model is also compatible with replaceable CO2 cartridges. However, like most models, they don’t come with the package and need to be purchased separately.
The Craft Beer tower works well both as a gift and an accessory to have around the house and is a model that you should give thought to.
• The model comes with good presentation and comes with a good accessory kit
• The assembly is quite easy and can be done even by a beginner
• Easy to operate and work with
• A major upgrade from the last model!
• Keg sleeve will provide better insulation to your beer!
• The pressure valve controller is susceptible to damage on impact
• Might be difficult to carry around on long journeys
5. Pressurized Beer Growler 64oz Stainless Steel
- HAVE YOUR FAVORITE BEVERAGES: Use the G. Francis Stainless Steel Growler for storing and dispensing up to 64 ounces (1.9 L) of homebrew...
- PRESERVE TEMPERATURE: Agitation and warm beer is more likely to cause foamy beer, so we recommend allowing your beer to settle and...
- PERFECT SIZE: 64-ounce (2-liter) size is 11.75 inches tall with a 5.1-inch diameter with the tap off and the cap on (30cm x 13cm); Fits...
- BUILT TO LAST UNIQUE DESIGN: Constructed from food grade lightweight stainless steel for maximum strength and longevity; Beautifully...
- EASY TO USE: Operation instructions included; Fill with the beverage of your choice, lift the regulator collar, press the collar onto...
If you’re looking for a model that highlights good taste and aesthetics, then this model is the right one for you. Coming in at an all-black visage with a capacity of 64 ounces, this 5.2 pounds weighing model is one of the best that the market has to offer.
The vessel that this model employs is double-walled and vacuumed. This means that the beer you pour is likely to stay cool and cold for extended periods, which means there will be the minimal formation of any sort of foam.
Being about 11.75 inches tall, this model is also smartly designed to fit well into your fridge or refrigerator. If you’re looking for an extra chill and want to make sure that your beer is cool to the touch, then this model serves best if it’s kept in the fridge for a little while.
The model also employs smart design, which ensures that it doesn’t easily breakthrough on harsh contact. The stainless steel structure also guarantees that the model is strong, durable, and sturdy, and will deliver well in all sorts of environments.
The model is also easy to operate and work with. It comes with a built-in handle, which makes it easy to carry around as well, which means you can utilize this growler when it’s time for a little picnic!
• The quick-connect regulator that maintains consistent carbonation
• The model has an integrated pressure release valve
• The side handle will enable the user to easily carry the model around and pour drinks when need be
• Comes with a Twist-on growler cap with two silicone rings for a spill-free seal
• The model cannot be returned for whatever reason
• If the pressure is too high, the beer will come out as a little foamy.
Which One Should You Get?
For all the beer aficionados out there, the emphasis on keeping your beer cool and fresh cannot be underestimated. To help you achieve that, we hope that you found this article helpful.
If you’re looking for a complete solution, I would suggest going in for the DrinkTank. It has got the features you need, and offers an immaculate look like no other. Additionally, you will like the stainless steel body and the superior insulation it offers.
Which one is your pick?