Online Courses for The Passionate Homebrewer
If you want to brew batch after batch of your very own, professional-quality homebrew, you’re in the right spot. Our online homebrewing courses have taught thousands of beer lovers like yourself to brew great-tasting, made at home beer.
Whether you’re brand new to homebrewing, or a seasoned vet in search of advanced techniques, our online courses are the best way to step up your beer game.
Beer Certification Courses
Everything you need to know to pass the Cicerone Program's "Certified Beer Server" exam the first time!
This course is for beer experts that have graduate the LVL1 Certifiied Cicerone Exam and looking to learn what is neccessary to pass the LVL2 exam.
More Details About These Awesome Courses:
Your Instructor: Marty Nachel
You may recognize this brewer; Marty Nachel. Marty wrote The Book on getting started.
He’s the draught master and trainer for the Heineken Brand, professional international Beer Judge, and teaches college level courses on the Business End of Craft Beer in IL. And he still makes time for Homebrewing.
Marty has Courses on:
- Beer Mastery (my personal favorite)
- How to Judge Beer Like a Pro
- Beer and Food Pairing Made Easy
- Barrel Aged Beer
Check these courses out from one of the greatest Brewer’s in the world, Mr. Marty Nachel.
Develop an expert tasting palate with Beer Tasting Mastery. It’s a 4-week course designed to build your beer vocab, train your taste buds to pick up subtle flavors, and help you identify off-flavors in your brew.
Who’s it for?
- Homebrewers who want to get better at critiquing (and improving) their beer
- BJCP Beer Judges and Cicerones
- Anyone who loves craft beer and wants to get the most out of their hobby
Make no mistake: Tasting skills can be learned. Beer Tasting Mastery is the fastest path to an expert palate, whether you’re a “natural taster” or not.
Beer Exam Prep Courses
Your Instructor: Joshua Weikert Ph.D.
Why learn from Josh?
- BJCP Grand Master Beer Judge
- Certified Cicerone
- Consultant to Award-winning Breweries
- Earned medals in every BJCP category
- Speaks at some awesome Beer Events.
- Two-time Eastern Pennsylvania Homebrewer of the Year
Josh is a regular speaker on a wide range of beer and brewing topics at big conferences, homebrew club meetings, and backyard barbecues. With over +15years of homebrewing experience, training, and education Josh has mastered the Beer skills.
The Beer Judge Certification Program is made Simple with Josh’s course: BJCP Mastery.
This is a must for any inspiring homebrew looking to take the BJCP course, or to take an advanced brewing course without the steep in person workshop fees. Beer Tasting, Recipe Design, and Evaluation are the expert skills that Josh has mastered and packaged up for you in this amazing course on the favorite topic here at the Homebrew Academy; Beer!
Finally… a step-by-step process for building your very own beer recipes from the ground up. Learn how to mix and match malts, build a killer hop schedule, find the perfect yeast for the job, and more.
Who’s it for?
- Homebrewers who want to develop their very own custom recipes they can truly call their own.
- Homebrewers who want to tweak recipes to suit their tastes.
- Homebrewers who want to dial in their process and hit their numbers every time.
CIYO is the only training of its kind. If you want to stop brewing other people’s masterpieces, and create your own instead, this is the course for you.
Course is currently Closed. (Re-platforming, sorry)
Meet Some of Our Graduates