- Tropical Pale Ale with Steam Hops
- Strawberry Wheat – Brewing On The Farm
- How to Brew New Zealand Pilsner | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Burton Ale | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Sahti | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Roggenbier | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Pre-Prohibition Porter | Homebrew Challenge
- How to Brew HAZY Session IPA
- How To Brew Pre-Prohibition Lager | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Piwo Grodziskie | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew London Brown Ale | Homebrew Challenge
- How to Brew 5 Day IPA
- How to Brew Lichtenhainer | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Kentucky Common | Homebrew Challenge
- How to Make Ginger Beer at Home
- How To Brew Gose Beer | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Belgian Dark Strong Ale | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Belgian Tripel | Homebrew Challenge
- How to Brew Belgian Dubbel | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Trappist Single | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Belgian Strong Golden Ale | Homebrew Challenge
- How to Brew Dank West Coast IPA & Dose with CDB
- How To Brew Saison Beer | Homebrew Challenge
- How To Brew Belgian Blond Ale | Homebrew Challenge
Beer Brewing Education
- Does Beer Expire? What You Should Know & Do
- What Is Diacetyl Rest and Why is it Essential?
- Best Beer Books
- World’s Strongest Beer at 57.8% ABV
- Mead Yeast: What is the Best Yeast for Mead?
- Force Carbonation Calculator & How To
What We Are All About
So you have finally made the decision that you want to start making beer…. AWESOME! This is such a good move on your part. Now where do you begin? Do we start with a easy setup like a Homebrew Kit, or maybe and Ingredients Kit?
This is the usual course of events that transpire in the minds of many eager and energetic homebrewers. Homebrew Academy offers the much-needed guidance that all homebrewers need.
Like most things in the world, people need to learn about before jumping into it with both feet. Helpful tips are included for new homebrewers to guide them prior to making their first batch of delicious homebrew.
Homebrew Academy also offers advice to homebrewers who have reached that next phase of their hobby. Advanced homebrewers are always looking for guidance to take their process of making beer to the next level.
Really dedicated and passionate home-brewers can follow along with The Homebrew Challenge here. Brewing all 99 BJCP beer styles in 99 weeks.
Beer education is paramount when it comes to homebrewing. From learning the language of home brewing, to knowing why American brewers call their latest Kolsch a Kolsch-style is a part of the beer education at Homebrew Academy.
Taking a look throughout time and different cultures, we find one commonality, beer.
Beer was discovered, not invented.
It has been a staple since the beginning of time. This beer making education that so many of us are interested in has shaped us as the brewers we are today.
Looking at it from a much smaller, more localized scale, beer education is prominent in even ordinary things such as the hops, yeast, and malt that we all use in our beers.
Becoming familiar with the lineage of a specific hop can lead to a really awesome beer. Learning about the similarities of a certain hop leads us to pairing it with another hop that complements is flavor and aroma.
How to brew Beer at home education is always evolving and changing. And that is a good thing.
Training to become a professional beer judge also really helps dial in your own brewing techniques.
Home Brewing Tips
- Ten BRILLIANT Homebrewing Tips & Tricks to level up your brewing (2021 Edition)
- Dry Yeast vs Liquid Yeast – Pros and Cons
- Homebrewing Hacks for Beginners and Experts
- Home Brewing Myths
- Home Brewing Water Chemistry Basics
- Growing Your Own Hops – The Complete Guide
- Dry Hopping: The Guide for Homebrewers
- Bottling vs. Kegging
- True Costs of Homebrewing
- Best Electric Cooktops for Induction Home Brewing
- Brew in a Bag (BIAB) Review and Process
- Beer Glass Types: Best Glassware for Each Unique Style of Delicous Hand Crafted Brew
- Dry Hopper Review: Brewers Hardware
- Foeder Guide: Unboxing, Setup, and User Tips
- Wine Making Kits to Serve Up Delicious Wine at Home
- 32 Inspiring DIY Keezer Designs with Tutorials
- Explaining The Thumper Keg: The Basics
- Best Electric All-in-One Automated Brewing Systems
- Fermentation Chamber Options
- Growler Carrier Sleeves: Stylish Drop Protection
- Best Still Kits for Moonshine and Home Distilling
- Clawhammer Supply Electric Home Brewing System Review
- Keg Management System by Plaato Keg
- Keg Accessories
- Brewing Shoes
- Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer Review
- Best Kegerators for the Home
Beer and Food
Beer and food have been synonymous with each other for years. From sitting at a ball game eating hot dogs and drinking a Puppers, or complying recipes for a homebrew and five-course dinner; beer and food just go together.
Homebrew Academy at times has articles that provide real recipes and experiences of mixing beer with food.
Our online homebrewing courses will supercharge your brewing knowledge and save you the time & money of many costly mistakes along the way.
Overall, the Homebrew Academy knows that learning how to make beer is, and should be fun.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously, however, we are seriously geeky about brewing delicious beer.
Homebrew Academy looks to take the knowledge that our writers have and produce sound, quality content to help foster the love of brewing and beer to the many thousands of homebrewers out there in the world today.
It is through the shared knowledge of the time-tested question; “How to Make Beer?” that we can guarantee that our bottles and kegs will never be empty – at least not for long.
As the now retired leader of the American Homebrewers Association once said, “Relax, don’t worry, have a homebrew.”
These words never seemed to be more valuable when considering the sense of community that homebrewers have fostered for years and will for many years to come.
- How to Make Moonshine: An Easy to Follow Guide from a Master-Shiner
- How to Make Hard Kombucha (with Alcohol)
- How to Make Vodka at Home: A Master Moonshiner’s Complete Guide
- How to Make Hazy Hopped Hard Cider [Using Kveik Yeast]
- How to Make Applejack Moonshine [Full Recipe]
- Melomel: What It Is & How To Make It [All the Essentials Listed Here]
- Metheglin: Spiced Mead [Defined + How-to Guide]
- Moonshine Proof [What It’s All About and 3 Ways to Test & Determine Proof]
- How to Make Homemade Wine: A Complete Guide to Fruit Wine and Red Wine Recipes
- What Is Vodka Made From?
- Wine Making Kits to Serve Up Delicious Wine at Home
- How to Brew Pineapple Tepache | The Bru Sho