Does the richness and flavor of home brewed beer appeal to you like magic does to children?
When all your dreams revolve around brewing the finest qualities of beer and lager at home, then you need the perfect tools to realize your dreams.
Propane Burners are one of those innovations which have led ardent brew enthusiasts to turn into successful brewmasters. Your gusto to fine-tune the flair you possess will lead you in a search for the perfect kit that will let you hone your craft.
A sturdy burner is an essential component of the perfect brewing contrivance.
Most Popular Propane Burners
Propane Brewing Statistics 
3884 Active members of the Homebrew Academy Facebook Group were surveyed on Jan 2020 in regards to using a propane burner unit or an electric cooktop to do their homebrewing.
And this is the response; 44.7% Brew with Gas Only, 39.6% Brew with Electric only, and 15.5% brew with a mix of both.
The overwhelming reason for using a propane burner unit? It’s cheaper and easier to use than electric. And you can’t argue with that.
Top Propane Burners Homebrewers Love
This top propane burner guide will offer a thorough insight of the most popular ones available in the market which will serve your needs. Brew your beer or deep fry your turkey? Up to you fine sir.
Edelmetall Bru Burner
This Bru Burner by Edelmetall makes a fine addition to my garage brewery, and will in yours too.
If you are looking to buy a propane burner that will drive your brewing at full throttle, then Edelmetall Bru Burner is tailored to suit your needs. The Edelmetall Bru Burner is powered to deliver 72,000 BTUs of pure brawn that cater to your brewing requirements. This propane burner will give a boost to your brewing capacities by directly reaching boiling temperatures in no time and preventing messy situations by avoiding boilovers.
The Germans are worshipped for their mechanical prowess and their choices for fine quality equipment for their brewing needs but even those people will feel humbled by the design and craft of this burner. The stainless steel and the copper finishes are custom-made for any kettle size of your choice and the options of height adjustment only render the burner as more ergonomic.
Principle of action :
The Bru Burner is the perfect product that you need for brewing massive batches of wort. It makes short work of tanks or kettles filled with over 10 gallons of wort at a go. The 72,000 BTUs’ worth of energy can be easily regulated and the Bru Burner is always ready to perform with all guns blazing and reach the boiling temperature within seconds.
The presence of a needle valve will prevent boil-overs of your mixes and allow you to adjust things according to your requirements. The Bru Burner is crafted to fulfill the needs of the passionate brewer in you and the brushed stainless steel and the fine copper finishes speak volumes about its engineering. The provisions of optional leg extensions can make your burner more ergonomic and adjust it according to your height requirements.
The advantages displayed by the Bru Burner can be demonstrated below.
- Compatibility: The Edelmetall Bru Burner is crafted for you to brew better and it is compatible for almost all kettle sizes and can accommodate over 20 gallons of wort filled tank with ease.
- Firepower: This little turkey fryer has 72,000 BTUs of energy and can boil massive batches of wort with the utmost efficiency.
- Engineered to perfection: The finesse provided by the copper finishes and the brushed stainless steel gives you the custom-crafted feel to this engineering phenomenon.
- Precision: The presence of the precision valve allows you to make crucial adjustments while achieving your mix and brew without worrying about boilovers.
- Ergonomic: The optional leg extensions that regulate burner height adjustments allow you to convert your burner into a more ergonomic contraption according to your will.
- Ease of use: The product manual that tags with this burner is very easy to follow and will let you assemble and set-up your burner in no time.
- The finish wears off after only a few uses.
- The venturi tube or the air intake is very long and so you need to find a place where it will stay protected.
Northern Brewer Dark Star Propane Burner
65,000 BTUs from a 6" Diameter Burner Boils 5 gallons or wort in ~20 minutes.
When you want to get brewing and looking for a budget friendly option, this one is it.
Product specifications :
Do you want to achieve a nippy boil of your batches? Or do you want to boil gallons of your mix and get the best homebrew? Either of your needs can be catered to by the Northern Brewer Dark Star Propane Burner. Being one of the finest brands which has stayed in the brewing game for decades now, this product by Northern Burner further solidifies their position.
The 65,000 BTUs worth of firepower emanating from a 6 inches diameter Banjo style burner is ready to spice up your brewing game within a flick. The 3.5-inch wind guard coupled with a lighter port and the adjustable regulator which gives you easy access over controlling the gas flow gives you the upper hand in brewing.
Principle of action :
The Dark Star Propane Burner is crafted with a finesse that will have the brewers obsessed with its engineering and performance. The burner will perform with utmost ease as it has a lighter port and requires no assembly from your end. The 6 inches diameter Banjo style burner cranks out 65,000 BTUs of energy at a go and the 3.5 inch/4 inch wind guard offers good protection to the flames.
The 5 psi adjustable regulator offers you tremendous flame control and easy access to regulate your gas flows. The three-legged design and the sturdiness offered by the stainless steel construct helps you to brew your stock easily in difficult areas without uniform or flat flooring. The design of the burner works well with a large brewing pot and can help you in brewing up to 125 pounds of wort easily.
The advantages that you will have if you wish to employ the Northern Brewer Dark Star propane burner can be listed below.
- Firepower: The Dark Star propane burner is not a start-up burner anymore. As easily it will allow you to achieve rapid boils of your batches; it will allow you to boil massive quantities with the same ease. The 65,000 BTUs of firepower cranked by the 6-inch Banjo Style Burner works its magic in both cases.
- Design: The finely polished stainless steel body with a three-legged sturdy design offers you the chance to achieve your mix even on difficult terrain.
- Safety: The 3.5 inch/4 inch wind guard offers good protection to the flames against the onslaught of wind.
- Zero assemblage worries: The burner bears a lighter port and requires no assembly from your end.
- Capacity: The propane burner design can accommodate large brewing pots up to 125 pounds of wort capacity.
- Regulation: The 5 psi adjustable regulator gives you easy access to regulate the gas flows for your flames.
- The paint might wear off after a few boils and might cause an unpleasant smell and smoke.
- After the first few boils, the ones that follow take up considerably more time.
Concord Deluxe 16 inch Banjo Single Square Burner Stove
16.5"x16.5"x16.5" Heavy Duty Cast Iron with Weather Proof Coating made to llast a Lifetime.Stand has detachable legs for easy storage when not in use.
Capable of supporting up to 400 LB or 200 QT pot filled with liquid.
Product specifications :
If you are up for some heavy-duty homebrewing, then this is the ideal product for you. The Concord Deluxe is a no-nonsense burner; fashioned from heavy-duty cast iron with weatherproof coating and will last you a lifetime of brewing needs. The burner is a massive one and can support 400 pounds or 20 Quarts of liquid for your home brewing needs but offers easy storage options when not in use.
The Concord Deluxe 16 inch Banjo Style Burner can create heat energy of 200,000 BTUs with ease and the 20 Psi regulator, hose and connector that comes along with the product set all your brewing needs in the right direction.
Principle of action :
The Concord Deluxe Banjo Single Square burner is fashioned to endure the arduous tasks of homebrewing huge quantities of malt and ale. Its sturdy design made out of cast iron coupled with the weatherproof coating gives you the access to boil around 400 pounds or 20 Quarts of liquid at a go.
The detachable legs offer extreme ease of storage when the burner is not in use and will save you a lot of space. The burner is capable of shooting out 200,000 BTUs of heat energy and the CSA certified 20 Psi regulator, hose and connector will bolster your brewing actions.
The number of advantages that Concord Deluxe Banjo Burner brings to your plate can be enumerated below.
- Massive capacity: The Concord Deluxe Banjo Burner has a voluminous body and is capable of supporting around 400 pounds or 20 quarts of liquid for boiling purposes.
- Sturdy construction: The cast iron exterior and weatherproof coating provide a heavy-duty structure that will come to your rescue when you want to brew an atrocious quantity of mix. The strength that the structure boasts of will quench your worries about brewing for a lifetime.
- Firepower: The burner is capable of producing a 200,000 BTU worth of heat energy that can safely take care of all your turkey fryer or wort boiling requirements.
- Space efficient: The burner sports detachable legs that provide ease of storage when you are not using it.
- Certified products: The CSA certified hose, connector and the 20 Psi regulator that come alongside the product buoy up your brewing requirements.
- The burner is quite distant from the bottom of the pan and hence creates considerable heat loss, especially when it is employed outdoors under a strong breeze.
- The regulator often displays issues with continuous usage.
Bayou Classic High-Pressure Cooker
14-inch diameter cooking surface, solid 1-piece welded steel frame, and wide-set legs for stability. Quick and easy setup, this unit is made for small batches and easy of use.
Product specifications :
This high-pressure propane cooker is specifically built for your outdoor cooking escapades. The adjustable flame obtained from this propane cooker lets you have a roaring flame or a lukewarm one at your will. Thus you can modulate the flame according to your requirement; whether you are boiling a gallon of liquid or you’re simmering a cup of coffee.
The single piece of welded steel frame offers tremendous support and robustness so that you can station your propane cooker at any place without worry. The 14-inch diameter cooking surface provides enough area that will satisfy your cooking demands and the wide-set legs sported by the product will sort out your stability requirements.
Principle of action :
The Bayou Classic High-Pressure cooker is custom-made to satisfy your outdoor cooking needs. You can either use the tremendous firepower that this product boasts of, to boil a decently large kettle of your homebrew, or let the flames go gentler to simmer water or slow cook a soup or even stew some meat. The 14-inch diameter cooking surface caters to all your cooking demands. The 10 Psi preset regulator equipped with a brass control valve allows you to control the gas flow into the cooker and thereby regulate the flame intensity. The 48-inch stainless steel braided hose provides the freedom of cooking outdoors along with providing additional protection from heat and flame downdraft. The Bayou Classic is also fortified with 360 degrees windscreen protection and thus will erase all your concerns. The cooker is built from a single piece of welded steel and has wide-set legs that provide the necessary sturdiness and stability.
The numerous advantages presented by the Bayou Classic High Pressure propane cooker can be enumerated below.
- Versatility: Fashioned to take care of all your outdoor cooking demands from boiling, steaming, frying, simmering and even doing some decent quantity of homebrewing.
- Protection: The Bayou Classic is an ideal outdoor cooking apparatus and therefore contains heat-resistant paint, no-rust aluminum cast burner as well as 360 degrees windscreen protection so that the moody weather conditions do not perturb you.
- Portability: The compact size and the stocky build of the Bayou Classic offers extreme portability from your backyard parties to camp outs, RVs and festivals..
- Multi-faceted utility: The 48-inch stainless steel braided LPG hose increases the distance of the propane tanks from the wide diameter stock pots. It also provides extreme protection against the heat and flame downdraft.
- Modulation of firepower: The 14-inch diameter cooking face provides high BTU output and the gas flow into the pressure cooker can be controlled by the use of a 10 Psi preset regulator exhibiting a brass valve which therefore modulates the flame intensity according to your will.
- Sturdiness: The robust design can be attributed to a single piece of the stainless steel frame. The widely spread legs provide your cooker with tremendous stability.
- Homebrewing will lead to the charring of the protective paint after a few initial batches and the cleanup proves extremely labor-intensive.
- The blue flame reportedly packs less heat than advertised.
New: Portable Kahuna Burner with Pot Support Brackets and Adjustable/Removable Legs
65,000 BTU Clean-burning, fuel-saving Revolution Burner. HEAVY DUTY – Handles pots up to 18” diameter. ADJUSTABLE, PORTABLE – Legs easily adjust from 18” for large pots and up to 26” ideal for woks, skillets and smaller pots. Legs are totally removable for compact storage.
Propane burners will prove to be a valuable addition to your homebrewing and cooking department if you are doing the purchase carefully and buying the product that suits perfectly to your requirements. Apart from homebrewing immense quantities of liquid beer, these will provide the flexibility of outdoor cooking. Thus you can definitely shift your culinary actions from your backyard to the RVs, camping expeditions, festivals and even have tailgating experiences.
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your propane burners will increase their longevity and service life so that they continue to serve you for years without encountering glitches in performance. These nifty apparatus will boost your confidence and allow the cuisine or the brewing enthusiast in you to hone your skills and emerge as a champion of the craft.
If you got to move indoors out of the cold weather, go electric. You won’t regret it.
Lead marketer, brewer, dad, and husband. Pretty much an all-round awesome guy.