Welcome to The Homebrew Academy
Popular Homebrewing Recipes
- How To Brew Hefeweizen (Weissbier): Bavaria’s Essence of German Wheat Beer
- How to Brew Cream Ale Beer: Silky Smooth Blueprint to a Classic
- How to Brew American IPA: Hop-Forward Brilliance from Coast to Coast
- How to Brew Saison Beer: Rustic Charm of Belgian Farmhouse Ales
- How To Brew New England IPA [NEIPA] in 7 Days
- How to Brew Oatmeal Stout: Crafting Rich Creaminess in Every Sip
Recent Homebrewing Recipes
- Snickers Milk Stout: Everything You Need to Know about Crafting this Delicous Brew
- Mashing Pumpkins – How To Turn Post-Halloween Pumpkins Into Amazing Homebrew Beer Recipes
- How To Brew Kolsch Beer: Mastering the Minutiae of German Purity
- How To Brew Gose Beer: Zesty Expedition into German Sour, Salty Goodness
- How To Brew Witbier: The Belgian Way to White, Wonderful Brews
- How to Brew American Blonde Ale: Unlocking the Quintessential Easy-Drinker
Beer Brewing Education
- Christmas Beer: Yuletide Guide of Spiced Ales, Xmas Stouts & Winter Lagers
- World’s Strongest Beer [57.8% ABV] Crafting Extreme ABVs
- Sweet Beer: Irresistible World of Sugary Brews [Insider’s Edition]
- How to Make Hard Cider: Pressed to Perfection Pints
- Best Beer Books: Quench Your Literary Thirst with These Pints of Pages
- Beer Schools: How To Get An Education in Beer & Brewing
What Homebrew Academy Is All About
So you have finally made the decision that you want to start making beer…. AWESOME! This is such a good move on your part. Now where do you begin? Do we start with a easy setup like a Homebrew Kit, or maybe and Ingredients Kit?
This is the usual course of events that transpire in the minds of many eager and energetic homebrewers. Homebrew Academy offers the much-needed guidance that all homebrewers need.
Like most things in the world, people need to learn about before jumping into it with both feet. Helpful tips are included for new homebrewers to guide them prior to making their first batch of delicious homebrew.
Homebrewers are always looking for guidance to take their process of making beer to the next level. And we are here to help with all those questions and offer advice to homebrewers who are reaching that next phase of their favorite hobby.
- Is moving from extract brewing to all-grain brewing right for me right now?
- Is there a recipe out there for a thirst-quenching Pale Ale?
- How about your first NEIPA?
- How many types of beer are there?
- What’s a good Beer Cocktail recipe?
Really dedicated and passionate home-brewers can follow along with The Homebrew Challenge here. Brewing all 99 BJCP beer styles in 99 weeks.
Beer education is paramount when it comes to homebrewing. From learning the language of home brewing, to knowing why American brewers call their latest Kolsch a Kolsch-style is a part of the beer education at Homebrew Academy.
Taking a look throughout time and different cultures, we find one commonality, beer.
Beer was discovered, not invented.
It has been a staple since the beginning of time. This beer making education that so many of us are interested in has shaped us as the brewers we are today.
Looking at it from a much smaller, more localized scale, beer education is prominent in even ordinary things such as the hops, yeast, and malt that we all use in our beers.
Becoming familiar with the lineage of a specific hop can lead to a really awesome beer.
Learning about the similarities of a certain hop leads us to pairing it with another hop that complements is flavor and aroma.
How to brew Beer at home education is always evolving and changing. And that is a good thing.
Training to become a professional beer judge also really helps dial in your own brewing techniques.
Home Brewing Tips
- Kveik Yeast Explained: The Speed Demon of Fermentation
- Creative Uses For Empty Beer Kegs: Repurpose Your Way to a Better Brewspace
- Spent Grain Dog Treats: Brew Grains to Bark Gains
- Pressurized Fermentation: High-Pressure Tactics for Tastier Next Level Beer
- Shipping Beer Like a Pro: Safely and Legally [Must-Know Tips]
- Homebrewing Hacks: Unconventional Wisdom for Better Beer
- Pressurized Beer Growlers: Innovation or Overkill in Beer Transportation?
- Best Kegerators for Home Brewers
- Top-Rated Conical Fermenters: A Comprehensive Guide to the Best
- Best Electric All-in-One Automated Brewing Systems
- TRULY Portable Kegerators: Revolutionizing Outdoor Beverage Experience [Top 5 Picks]
- Best Glycol Chillers for Home Brewing Compared
- 10 Best Cooler Brands in 2023 [Premium & Budget Picks]
- The Complete Guide to Beer Glassware: Understanding Types, Styles, and Shapes in Simple Terms
- Digital Wireless Hydrometer and Thermometer
Beer and Food
- 13 Festive Christmas Ginger Beer Cocktails to Spice Up Your Holiday Celebrations
- People Don’t Know What to Make of This New Beer Style
- The Sour Beer Enthusiast’s Bucket List: Tangy Tasty Brews
- Tangy, Tart, Terrific: The Dill-iciousness Guide to the Pickle Beer Trend!
- How to Make Beer Pickles: Crafting the Perfect Crunchy Cucumber Classic Snack
- Surprising Details About the Worst Rated Beers of 2023
- How to Make Beer Cheese Soup – Full Recipe
- 7 Fascinating Facts About Beer
- Beer Can Design Mashups: Six-Pack Picasso’s You’ll Wish Were the Real Deal
- Barrel Aged Beer: Best Beer Flavors, Mysteries, and Brewing Process
- 9 Beer Can Chicken Recipes: Suds and Spuds Supper
- Types of Beer: Ale-to-Z Lager Landscape of the World’s Brews 
Beer and food have been synonymous with each other for years. From sitting at a ball game eating hot dogs and drinking beer, or complying recipes for a homebrew and five-course dinner; beer and food just go together.
Our online homebrewing courses will supercharge your brewing knowledge and save you the time & money of many costly mistakes along the way.
Look to our Beer of the Month Club reviews for up-to-date info on only the best ones to get inspired for your own experiments.
Overall, the Homebrew Academy knows that learning how to make beer is, and should be fun. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, however, we are seriously geeky about brewing delicious beer.
Homebrew Academy looks to take the knowledge that our writers have and produce sound, quality content to help foster the love of brewing and beer to the many thousands of homebrewers out there in the world today.
It is through the shared knowledge of the time-tested question; “How to Make Beer?” that we can guarantee that our bottles and kegs will never be empty – at least not for long.
As the now retired leader of the American Homebrewers Association once said, “Relax, don’t worry, have a homebrew.”
These words never seemed to be more valuable when considering the sense of community that homebrewers have fostered for years and will for many years to come.
- How to Make Plum Wine: Simple Techniques for a Perfectly Balanced Homemade Wine
- How to Make Moonshine: Corn-to-Clear Liquor the Easy Way
- 50+ Delicious Mead Recipes for the Perfect Honey Wine
- Crafting A Cherry Moonshine Recipe: A DIY Journey from Orchard to Glass
- DIY Pineapple Moonshine Recipe: A Sweet and Tangy Homemade Brew
- Blueberry Wine Recipe For Beginners: Easy DIY Vino at Home
- Best Pumpkin Cider: A Pulp-Free Guide to Liquid Pumpkin Pie
- How to Make Bourbon: Home Distiller’s Guide to a Classic! [Beginner’s Blueprint]
- How to Make Hazy Hopped Hard Cider: From Apple Orchard to Hop Garden
- How to Make Mead: Journey Back in Time with Original Homebrewing! [Pro Insights]
- How to Make Sake: Become a Homebrew Samurai in 5 Steps! [Pro Tips]
- Pear Wine Recipe: Capturing Orchard Pear-fection in Every Sip