Alright, I’m Chris and Cathy. Today, we’re going to show you how we make our blackberry moonshine.
First, make sure that the fire is off. What you need is two cups of blackberries, one cup of sugar, one cup of water, and some canning jars (quart size).
Here’s what you do: I put 1 and 1/2 cups of blackberries in here, and then I added the other half a cup of blackberries into the water and sugar and heated it up to a boil.
Now, I’m going to just add that on top of the berries. You should let this cool down a little bit before you add the alcohol.
What we’re using here is grain alcohol. It’s 190 proof, 95 percent alcohol by volume. This is Graves. You can use Everclear. We’re just using this because it’s about half the price. [How to make your own moonshine]
It’s extremely flammable, so make sure your stove is off before you add it. Then, we just pour that into the sugar syrup and the berries.
Put the lid on and then just give it a little shake. Now, you want to let that sit for a few days. This one here has blackberries. I did it a week ago, and now I’m just going to strain off the berries. You should give it a shake in the jar every day.
It’s a pretty color. I’ll finish straining that. Let’s give it a try. It won’t take many of them. Boy, that’s really good. It’s really, really good.
A couple of weeks ago, I did some cranberry the same way and some chokecherry. This next week, we’re going to start picking some highbush cranberries, and we’re going to do them.
I think they’ll turn out just fine. We didn’t do it with raspberries because we needed all of them to make jam and jelly this year. Next year, hopefully, we can try it with raspberry.
There you go. It’s a quick, easy recipe. Give it a try. It’s really tasty.
Join us on our Facebook page at All Things Wild. Look for the canoe at the top of the page. Thanks for watching. Bye.
Additional Moonshine Recipes:
- Watermelon Moonshine Recipe: The Ultimate Summer Shine You Need to Try
- Mango Moonshine Recipe: Tropical Delight in a Jar
- Strawberry Moonshine Recipe: Unleashing the Panty-Dropper Potion
- Root Beer Moonshine Recipe: A Sweet Twist on Traditional Moonshine
- Cracked Corn Moonshine Recipe: A Beginner’s Guide to Homemade Spirits
- Blackberry Moonshine Recipe: Crafting the Perfect Berry Infused Spirit at Home
- Crafting A Cherry Moonshine Recipe: A DIY Journey from Orchard to Glass
- DIY Pineapple Moonshine Recipe: A Sweet and Tangy Homemade Brew
- The Art of Aged Peach Pie Moonshine: A Step-by-Step Guide to Crafting Your Own [3 Ways]
- 3 BEST Apple Pie Moonshine Recipes (according to distillers)
- How to Make Applejack Moonshine [Full Recipe]
- How to Make Moonshine: An Easy to Follow Guide from a Master-Shiner
Lead marketer, brewer, dad, and husband. Pretty much an all-round awesome guy. I’ve been homebrewing for +20 yrs, an aspiring pro-brewer and micro brewery owner!