Unlike different brands, Yeti sizes are known for being confusing since the model numbers do not correspond to their capacities.
Aside from that, the company itself could be more specific about its actual capacity.
For example, how many bottles of wine or cans of drinks can fit into each cooler? It takes a lot of work for consumers to search and choose what they want.
But that’s what we’re here for! This article will give you a little crash course on Yeti’s brand so you won’t have to worry about making the wrong purchase using their link, post, and other means.
Yeti Cooler Sizes
We’ve listed the popular Yeti sizes and their actual capacities for the hard models and none for the soft cooler choices below.
This is because, unlike these popular cooler brand choices, Yeti is transparent about the actual capacity of each of its soft coolers.
Yeti Roadie 20
The only Yeti cooler size designed for day trips, the Roadie 20 is perfect for one-day fishing, picnics, and beach days.
It’s the smallest hard cooler, and it’s very easy to carry around all day! For its capacity, Roadie 20 can fit 16 cans or 20 pounds of ice (with nothing else in it).
It can carry 19.9 quarts or 4.14 gallons of liquid.
Yeti Roadie 24
The Yeti Roadie 24 is bigger than the 20 models. It’s enough for an overnight trip with a few friends, a small family, or a short fishing trip.
It’s small enough to betied down in a kayak, and if you tie it down to your truck bed, you’ll have lots of space for other goodies.
Since it’s small, you can easily carry it with one hand(unless it’s packed full of liquids), and it can accompany you on your hiking trip if you’d like a little workout.
The Yeti Roadie 24 can carry about 18 cans of beer or 24 pounds of ice. Its limit is 23.6 quarts or 5.9 gallons of liquid.
YETI Tundra 35
Now, if you want to step up the size a little but stick to carrying it all by yourself (with one hand), the Yeti Tundra 35 is the cooler for you.
It’s still small enough to take on a fishing day trip or overnight camping while having space for other stuff you need to carry.
This Yeti cooler can carry about 21 cans of beer or 26 pounds of ice at its actual capacity. For the liquid limit, it’s 28.8 quarts or 7.2 gallons.
Yeti Tundra 45
The next size is the Yeti Tundra 45.
The Tundra 45 capacity is 28 cans of beverage or 34 pounds of ice with a limit of 37.6 quarts or 9.4 gallons.
It’s thein-between size, small enough for one person to handle (with both hands).
However, from the Tundra 45 to the other sizes, we advise that you have 2 people carry it if you pack it to the brim with liquids. You don’t want to break your back!
Yeti Tundra 65
This Yeti hard cooler model is one of the best-selling Yeti sizes. It’s slightly wider than the Yeti Tundra 45 but can store WAY more.
It’s the biggest model that one person can hold with 2 hands, as long as it’s not too heavy for them.
The actual capacities are 42 cans of beverage or 52 pounds of ice and can carry up to 57.2 quarts or 14.3 gallons. This model size can last for up to 4 days of camping for a family of 4!
The size is also perfect for doubling as a small side table when you’re outdoors or a kids’ bench!
Yeti Tundra 75
This Yeti Tundra size is popular not only for bigger groups and more family members but it’s also the most popular for boats.
This is because it’s designed to fit the specifications of marine vessels, so it will perfectly fit under the leaning post of most boats.
And, of course, it will ALWAYS need 2 people to carry it unless it’s barely carrying anything.
For their actual capacity, these coolers can store up to 57 cans of beverage or 70 pounds of ice, with a limit of 74.8 quarts or 18.7 gallons.
Its maximum liquid weight limit is up to 100 pounds, so always ask a friend to help you carry it!
Yeti Tundra 110
Now, let’s move on to the Yeti cooler sizes that are NOT for carrying around and are more for being STATIONARY coolers.
If you’re planning to always have your Yeti cooler fixed to the back of your pickup truck, RV, or big boat, you can start with the 110 models.
The Tundra 110 is specifically built for rafters, with the dimensions based on standard raft frames.
Its capacity is 74 cans of beverage or 90 pounds of ice weight, while the limit is 96.4 quarts or 24.1 gallons.
Yeti Tundra 125
Next up, we have the Tundra 125. Its actual capacity is 92 cans of drinks or 113 pounds of ice. The liquid limit is 121.2 quarts or 30.3 gallons.
From this size to the other Yeti sizes we will be looking at, you can now use them for hunting trips!
It now has the capacity to fit the small and larger game, so it’s perfect for hunters to carry in your pickup truck!
Yeti Tundra 160
Are you hosting a camping party? How about catching tuna? This Yeti size is your best purchase!
When you’re not catching tuna or hunting large game, it can fit up to 115 cans of beverage or 141 pounds of ice. The liquid limit is 150 quarts or 37.5 gallons.
It’s also enough to carry thefood supply of a large group for several days!
The 210 is the biggest Tundra model for private use, with an actual capacity of 162 cans of beverage or 198 pounds of ice. Its limit is 208.4 quarts or 52.1 gallons.
It’s great forhunters wanting to share the same cooler.
There are still 2 more sizes with a bigger capacity than this, But those Yeti sizes are more appropriate for commercial use, like catching and selling fish.
Yeti Cooler Dimensions
Now that we know the actual capacity of all of the popular coolers, let’s take a look at their actual dimensions:
Let’s start with the hard cooler models:
- Roadie 20: These coolers are 13 5/8″ × 14 1/4″ × 19 1/8″ on the outside and 8 3/8″ × 9 7/8″ × 13″ on the inside. It’s very space-efficient!
- Roadie 24: The 2020 model is 17 1/2″ × 16 1/2″ × 15 1/4″ on the outside and 17 1/2″ × 16 1/2″ × 15 1/4″ on the inside. It has the capacity for an overnight trip while still being compact enough!
- Yeti’s Tundra 35: Measuring 16 1/8″ × 15 3/4″ × 21 3/8″ outside and 9 3/8″ × 10 5/8″ × 13 7/8″ inside, you’ll see that these coolers are not that space-saving when you load them in your trunk. It has similar dimensions to the Tundra 45 but is more like a mini version. It’s also a little taller than the 45 if you want to bring taller liquor bottles with you.
- Tundra 45: The 45 is 16 1/8” × 15 3/8” × 25 3/4” on the outside and 9 3/8” × 10 5/8” × 18 3/8” on the inside. It has the same width as the 35 but is lower in height while being longer. Ultimately, it can hold more than the 35, with up to an additional 2.2 gallons of liquid or an extra 7 pounds of ice. Between the 35 and 45 options, the 45 is arguably the better purchase idea.
- Tundra 65: The 65 is 17 1/4″ × 16″ × 30 5/8″ on the outside and 10 5/8″ × 11 1/8″ × 23 1/8″ on the inside. It will fit well in hatchbacks and the back of your truck bed, so keep this in mind before you make your purchase. It belongs to Yeti’s line of bigger sizes of coolers and can carry an additional 5 gallons compared to the 45 coolers.
- Tundra 75: The 75 measures 17 7/8” × 17 1/2” × 33 1/2” on the outside and 10 3/4” × 12 7/8” × 25 5/8” on the inside. Aside from being able to fit more stuff than the 65, the 75 is also better at maximizing space, thanks to its dimensions. But it’s also hard to transport if you don’t have a truck or a pickup, so think it through or test it out if you can before you purchase.
- Tundra 110: The 11o measures 18 1/8″ × 20″ × 37 1/2″ on the outside and 18 1/8″ × 20″ × 37 1/2″ on the inside. Since it can fit 74 cans of beverage, it can also double as a functional outdoor table.
- Tundra 125: The 125 is 19 7/8″ × 20″ × 40 1/4″ on the outside while being 12 1/4″ × 14 1/2″ × 32 1/4″ on the inside. It can carry 141 pounds of ice with nothing else, so if you pack it with food supplies and drink cans, you can bring more family members for an extended camping trip.
- Tundra 160: The 160 is 19 3/4” × 21 3/8” × 45 5/8” on the outside and 19 3/4” × 21 3/8” × 45 5/8” on the inside. It’s so big, so make sure you never carry it alone (unless it’s empty)!
- Tundra 210: Lastly, the 210 is 25 3/4″ × 24 1/8″ × 39 3/4″ on the outside and 17 5/8″ × 18 1/2″ × 31 1/8″ on the inside. It’s Yeti’s deepest Tundra cooler. You can start using it for commercial purposes if your idea is to start small.
Now, let’s move on to the soft coolers!
- Hopper Flip 8: Measuring 12.4″ × 8.6″ × 10.6″ outside and 10.3″ × 6.8″ × 8.0″ inside, this can fit up to 11 cans of drinks or 10 pounds of ice. Its limit is 8.3 quarts or 2.075 gallons. It’s smaller than the smallest hard cooler, and you can even fit it in your front seat!
- Hopper Flip 18: This cooler is 17.7″ × 11.5″ × 12.8″ on the outside and 17.7″ × 11.5″ × 12.8″ on the inside. It can fit 30 cans of drinks or 28 pounds of ice. For the limit, it’s 24 quarts or 6 gallons.
- Hopper M20 Backpack: The M20 dimensions are 18.1″ × 9.9″ × 18.1″ on the outside and 11.6″ × 8.9″ × 14″ on the inside. You can start a party with this since it can carry up to 36 cans of beverages or 22 pounds of ice. Its limit is 20 quarts or 5 gallons.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you have any more questions about Yeti’s coolers before you buy them? We’ve got you!
What’s the Most Popular Size Yeti Cooler?
The Yeti Tundra 45 is the most popular purchase among all the Yeti cooler sizes. It’s perfect for an overnight trip for a family of 4 or camping with a small group of friends!
The second most popular purchase is the Tundra 65. Most people prefer it since it’s not only great for an extended outdoor trip but also for boats.
Is a Yeti Worth the Money?
Yes, Yeti coolers are worth the purchase. You can’t go wrong with them.
Yeti coolers are made with rotomolded plastic, making them one-piece plastic with 2 inches of insulation on the sides and 3 inches on the top.
It’s one of the highest-quality brands in the market!
Inside the plastic is foam, and coupled with the tight sealing lids with a freezer-grade gasket, Yeti coolers can keep ice for up to 5 DAYS.
Not just overnight plus a few hours, but 5 DAYS. It makes Yeti coolers stand out in the market compared to other brands.
It’s perfect for several days of camping, hiking, and longer adventures.
Yeti coolers are also very durable. It doubles as a camping table, bench, or even a storage box outdoors when it’s not used to keep ice and your food and drinks cool.
And it’s tough and durable enough to hold all of that.
A Yeti cooler purchase is an investment you will make only once in your lifetime. That’s how durable it can be!
And that’s all we have for Yeti’s coolers! From the different specs of each size, like its quarts, link, and more!
Making your own chart on what the different sizes Yeti offers will make you buy the best option for you, as well as make your life easier.
We hope this article has helped guide you from making the wrong purchase!
Lead marketer, brewer, dad, and husband. Pretty much an all-round awesome guy.