Digital thermometers, coupled with the latest technological innovations, are proving to be a valuable addition to your cooking and homebrewing departments. Earlier, you had to stay stationed while your food was being cooked or your meat was being grilled or the ale was being fermented. But with the advent of the digital thermometers, the change has been drastic!
You now have the freedom to move around while you cook. These nifty gadgets offer you the freedom to utilize the time according to your needs and devote it to your friends or family; without giving a thought to the food that is being cooked or the batch of the brew being prepared.
Digital thermometers notify you on the doneness levels as well as the timing of your food being prepared and alert you over the temperature of your brew so that you don’t lose any batch to a spike in the temperature levels.
Lavatools Javelin PRO Digital Thermometer :
- 1-3 second ultra-fast response time with an accuracy...
- Large 2" auto-rotating ambidextrous backlit display and...
- Intelligent stabilization alert and read-out hold...
- Used by professional chefs, BBQ competitors, cooking...
- NSF certified superior build quality like nothing else...
Product specifications :
If all you want to achieve is a mastery in the culinary arts, then Lavatools has the ideal product under their fold that you need to purchase. The Javelin PRO Duo Ambidextrous Backlit professional digital thermometer is a product worth reckoning and has been used by prominent chefs, baristas, BBQ competitors and cooking show hosts as well as participants.
The superior build quality with the best-in-class industry specifications makes this one of the best instant-read thermometers in the market. The super large 2-inch display with the 360 degrees viewing clarity that automatically rotates gives you the intricate details of how your food is being prepared. This is one of the first and foremost thermometers which has been equipped with an intelligent stabilization alert that notifies you and holds forth the readout when it has finally settled.
Principle of action :
The IP65 version is a water-resistant variant of the Lavatools Digital Thermometer and makes short work of displaying any temperature with its exceptional accuracy of 0.9 degrees Fahrenheit for a range of -4 degrees to 302 degrees Fahrenheit. Thus your cooking and grilling woes can practically disappear with its awesome range of -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 482 degrees Fahrenheit. The 4000+ hours of battery life is consolidated by the auto-off feature.
The motion wake feature with the motion-sensing backlight reduces your efforts. You can use this thermometer even if you are wearing your heat-proof gloves. The intelligent stabilization temperature alert through the beeping keeps you on track with your food temperatures and rids you of the hassle to peep into your food every time to check the temperature on your thermometer.
Here are some reasons to like the Lavatools Javelin PRO ambidextrous digital thermometer.
- Visibility and Display: The Javelin PRO is equipped with an anti-fog display and has a large 2-inch backlit screen with 360-degree motility which offers effortless visibility of your cooking and grilling temperatures.
- Technological prowess: Your Javelin PRO is equipped with state-of-the-art technology which makes it a unique asset for your cooking and homebrewing department. The Javelin PRO is loaded with intelligent stabilization control which waits till your cooking temperature gets stabilized and notifies you about the same through a few beeping sounds. The backlight is motion-sensitive and its motion wake feature gives you all-access to its reading capacities even with your heat-proof gloves on.
- Precision : The Javelin PRO is equipped with ultra-sensitive Japanese sensors which give it a precision of about 0.9 degrees Fahrenheit within a temperature range of -4 degrees to 402 degrees Fahrenheit. Its operating range is huge and between -40 degrees to 482 degrees Fahrenheit. Thus all you have to do is chill while the Javelin PRO is at work!
- Versatility : Now amplify your mastery in cooking by using the different intelligent features presented by the Javelin PRO digital thermometer. The speed and precision help you to cook your meat and fishes to a juicy consistency whereas the anti-fog coating helps you to measure your beer and coffee temperatures with the perfect expertise.
- Design: The state of the art design is a combination of the American engineering combined with Japanese technological flair. The 100% BPA free polycarbonate body has a stainless steel probe for maximum durability as well as a high-performance sensor. You do not have to worry about the product as it covers all the international food safety guidelines and stringent regulations and is free from any hazardous substance.
- Moisture proofing is absent and therefore the thermometer shuts down when contaminated by some moisture.
- The battery is inconsistent and the device has been reported to shut down after various degrees of usage from 1 month to 9 months.
Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Infrared Thermometer Gun :
- BETTER ACCURACY: The distance to spot ratio is 12: 1,...
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging...
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an...
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes this...
- NOTE: The thermometer can't measure the internal...
Product specifications :
The unique design that caters to all of your use is the one that has birthed this ingenious technological innovation. The Etekcity Lasergrip is a thermometer gun which gives you extreme proficiency in measuring the surface temperature of any inanimate object by virtue of its novel infrared technology.
From cooking food to barbecuing and grilling your meat, from auto maintenance to home repairs; the Etekcity Lasergrip will prove to be your trusted buddy. Sporting an astonishing range of -58 degrees Fahrenheit to 1022 degrees Fahrenheit and measuring the surface temperatures of things within a distance of around 36 cms to a high extent of precision; this thermometer gun is designed to delight you in every way.
Principle of action :
Providing a great deal of safety for both indoor and outdoor usage, this thermometer gun is a revelation of a product that allows you to point at any object, take aim and measure its temperature. The Etekcity laser grip allows you to measure temperatures as extreme as the ones above the boiling point or the ones below freezing point with the same precision and comfort and allowing you to maintain a safe distance from the object.
The infrared temperature scanner coupled with the response time that is less than 500 ms helps you to target rapidly and in the exact space that you wish to direct your device at. The backlit LCD screen is equipped with an auto-off function to give you extended battery life.
The number of advantages that the Etekcity Lasergrip thermometer gun features can be denoted below.
- Precision: The infrared technology boosts the precision level of the Etekcity laser grip digital thermometer gun. Now you can direct the thermometer gun at any object you wish to measure the surface temperature of and take aim. That’s it! You can safely measure the temperature from a distance while focussing on the minute objects that you wish to measure the temperature of. The thermometer gun allows you to measure temperatures precisely at a distance of nearly 36 cms.
- Range: The thermometer gun offers you a huge range of temperature measurement that is between -58 degrees Fahrenheit and 1022 degrees Fahrenheit. Now you can measure temperatures that are above the boiling point and below the freezing point with tremendous comfort and competency.
- Versatility: Since the Lasergrip thermometer gun allows you to measure virtually any temperature of almost every inanimate object, you can use this device for your indoor maintenance operations to home repairs to auto maintenance apart from the most obvious – cooking, grilling, and brewing operations.
- Capacity: The backlit LCD screen features an auto-off function that extends the battery life of your device and a low-battery indicator that lets you know if your thermometer gun is out of juice.
- Design: The state of the art design boasts a plastic body reinforced with infrared technology. The design is compatible and compliant with all the international guidelines and is safe for indoor and outdoor usage.
- Operational ease: The easy-to-use product needs to be just pointed at the object you wish to measure the temperature of, following which the trigger needs to be pressed. The laser light helps in focussing your aim and can be turned on or off and supports a high distance-spot ratio which gives a better performance than all the IR based thermometers available in the market.
- The batteries are used up at a massive rate and after they are replaced, the product often refuses to start. During other times, it would show a faulty reading after the replacement of the batteries.
- The temperature measurement feature does not work for electronics and semiconductor items.
CDN DTW450L Waterproof Thermometer :
- Measurement Range: -40 to +450°F/-40 to +230°C
- NSF Certified; BioCote antimicrobial technology;...
- 2.5 mm reduced tip with 8"/20.3 cm stainless steel stem...
- 6 second response
- One-button field calibrationy; IPX7 waterproof rating -...
Product specifications :
With the CDN waterproof thermometer, you can end worrying about measuring the accurate temperature when your meat or fish are being cooked or your lager is being brewed. The 2.5 mm reduced tip sits on the 8-inch stainless steel stem which has been engineered to be heat resistant and features an adjustable clip made out of stainless steel. The waterproofing protects your thermometer from the water up to a height of 3 feet for 30 minutes and the NSF certification guarantees that your device has protection against microbes.
Principle of action :
The CDN waterproof thermometer is the most ideal product that a culinary enthusiast or a brewing aspirant requires for their use. The CDN Waterproof Proaccurate Long Stem measures the temperatures with the utmost precision and with a rapid response time of 6 seconds. Your thermometer will stand out of the similar products that are being sold in the market for its high-performance waterproof rating which lets it withstand water up to a height of 3 feet for a duration of 30 minutes.
The design which features a 304 stainless steel stem and tip accessorized by an easily adjustable clip makes it easy for you to insert the device in any kind of food or liquid that you wish to measure the temperature of. The 2.5 mm reduced tip works best for roasts, and preparation of meat and poultry and the measurement range of -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 450 degrees Fahrenheit allows you the comfort to measure your cooking or brewing temperature with utmost finesse.
The numerous advantages presented by the ProAccurate Waterproof thermometer brought to you by CDN can be demonstrated below.
- Waterproofing: The uniqueness of this thermometer is the high-performance waterproofing that it brings to you. The thermometer can be immersed under 3 feet water for 30 minutes straight and that does not disrupt its operations.
- Design: The stem is long and the 2.5 mm tip is reduced. The whole body of the thermometer including the stem, the tip, and the adjustable clip are all fashioned from high-grade stainless steel. Thus the thermometer allows you the ease of insertion in practically anything to witness its temperature.
- Versatility: The thermometer is capable of measuring the cooking and brewing temperatures of whatever you are preparing; from fish, meat to beer.
- Range: The vast range of -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 450 degrees Fahrenheit eases your temperature measurement concerns.
- Certification: The NSF backed certification for the rapid response time of 6 seconds and being antimicrobial is proof enough to reduce your concerns over compliance.
- The product often malfunctions upon removal and resetting of the batteries.
- Homebrewing or roasting is not a good enough option because there have been cases where the product has failed after a few such occasions.
Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller :
- 【WIFI & APP]】WIFI smart controller supports both...
- 【Dual Relay Output]】Dual relay output, which can...
- 【Alarm for Safe】 High/Low temperature limit setting...
- 【Convenient Design】 Plug-n-play, easy to use....
- 【Max Watt】Maximum output load: 1100W(110V).
Product specifications :
The Inkbird ITC-308 digital temperature controller with 2-stage outlet thermostat featuring heating and cooling mode is a revelation in itself in the world of temperature controllers and thermostats.
The ease of usage allows you to plug it in and start regulating your temperatures and the dual relay output allows you to connect it to both refrigeration and heating equipment simultaneously and record as well as set temperatures to your desire. The alarm notifies you if the temperature is above or below the preset points that you have established.
Principle of action :
The amazing engineering and technology which has resulted in the creation of the Inkbird ITC-308 digital temperature controller allow you to plug it and start measuring, displaying and controlling temperatures on the go. The probe features an NTC sensor and temperature calibration as well as temperature display functions. The dual relay output allows you to couple your Inkbird with the refrigeration unit and the heating unit simultaneously and displays their measured temperatures.
You could set the heating and cooling functions separately for your cooling and heating units to prevent the controller from encountering drastic changes. The dual display window allows you to display the measured temperature as well as set the temperature simultaneously and the temperature calibration helps in measuring the temperatures with superior ease. The high and low-temperature alarms as well as the sensor fault alarm always keep you ahead in your temperature measurement game.
The number of advantages portrayed by the Inkbird digital temperature controller can be discussed below.
- Versatility: This digital temperature controller allows you the complete freedom to use it in over-temperature protection and automatic temperature control systems in a multitude of electrical appliances used for homebrewing, aquarium, pet-breeding, incubation, greenhouse, culture fermentation, seedling heat mats, heat pumps, accelerating germination, terrestrial heat control systems, oven temperature control, electric radiator and the like.
- Multi-faceted operations: The digital temperature controller can be linked to both your heating and refrigerating units and display their temperatures with the same ease.
- Calibration: The temperature controller can be used to display as well as set specific temperatures for your needs and features a unique temperature calibration system.
- Safety and protection: The compressor delay protection enforces refrigeration control. The high and low-temperature alarms let you know about the fluctuation of the temperatures from your defined ones and the sensor fault alarm informs you about the malfunctioning of the equipment. The heating and cooling functions could be established separately for your refrigeration and heating equipment to prevent your temperature controller from encountering a drastic change and therefore getting damaged.
- The temperature probe is deemed faulty in a number of cases and therefore causes big temperature differences.
- The device is not reliable enough for use in lifesaving operations as the thermistor at the end of the probe might function poorly.
Inkbird Digital Temperature Controller and Thermostat :
- NO COOLING CONTROL.There is only heating relay. It can...
- It can be set to two different temperatures with its...
- This plug and play product is designed with dual LCD...
- The temperature can be controlled more accurately with...
- There is only heating relay. It can be widely use in...
Product specifications :
If your temperature control requirements revolve around overheat protection and automatic temperature control systems of different electrical appliances, then this is the best offering that Inkbird has for you. This digital temperature controller cum thermostat provides only heating output but can be suitably used over a dual cycle daily to establish day and night temperatures to your needs.
The temperature control and temperature hysteresis functions allow for a robust temperature heating control and the plug and play feature makes it convenient for your usage. The dual LCD display offers visibility of ambient as well as the object temperature with utmost expertise.
Principle of action :
Providing a temperature control range of -58 degrees Fahrenheit to 210 degrees Fahrenheit, this innovative offering from Inkbird is meant to take care of your temperature heating control and prevent overheating in various cases. The Dual LCD display offers you heating information in both centigrade and Fahrenheit scales and the dual time cycle setting allows you to establish two different temperatures during the day and the night which would cater to the needs of organic objects and creatures.
The various advantages presented by the Inkbird digital temperature controller can be mentioned below.
- Ease of use: The temperature controller just needs to be plugged in and it is ready for your use. Yes, that’s it!
- Heating control: You can use this product for preventing overheating situations and automatic temperature control of electrical appliances.
- Versatility: The product is versatile and you can effectively use it in the aquarium, pet breeding, cultural fermentation, hatching and accelerated germination.
- Dual time cycle setting: The unique feature of dual time cycle setting allows you to establish the temperatures separately for day and night time over a 24-hour duration.
- Temperature control: The high-performance heating and overall temperature control can be attributed to the temperature calibration and temperature hysteresis features.
- The product is not foolproof for animals and creatures because the temperature often fluctuates from the one you have preset and could prove fatal for those creatures.
- The heat differential setting often fails to control the drastic temperature drops.
Digital thermometers and temperature controllers are efficient devices that pack a lot of promise for your temperature control operations which may vary from brewing, cooking, breeding, hatching, germination, terrestrial temperature control, home repairs, auto maintenance and so on and so forth.
These devices can prove to be an asset to possess – all you need to do is look at proper care. They can prove to be extremely useful in your everyday life too. Survey the market thoroughly and purchase the product that fits your requirements.
After using more than a dozen different thermometers in homebrewing, I’ve found my favorite. Actually it’s not a single thermometer, but a combination of a digital meter and thermocouple. Many companies make these products, but I’ve found the products by ThermoPro to be perfect for homebrewing.
I got fed up with inaccurate thermometers or ones that easily break. It was always a risky venture climbing to the top of my ladder and reaching down into the HLT on top of my 3-tier to get a reading. Mash and fermentation temps are especially important and a faulty thermometer can give you a whole different beer.
For these reasons I spent the extra money on the Therma-TP22. It serves literally all of my temperature needs. If you have one of these and the long wire probe, you don’t even need to drill thermometer holes in your kettle.
Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products and what you think.