Beer brats are easy to make and really hit the spot – my type of cooking with beer. Since college, I’ve looked forward to the release of Sam Adams Oktoberfest. It’s not going to top the charts of a beer geek’s list, but it’s a truly solid beer that will be in my fridge every year.
With this autumn beer release, cook these up on a Sunday for the football games. Munching on these after a Ravens victory made them all the sweeter.
How to Make Beer Brats
- 1 12 oz bottle Sam Adams Oktoberfest (and another 1 or 3 to drink)
- 4 links of bratwurst
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 4 hot dog buns
- Optional: ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut (should be required)
- Chop the onion into 1-2″ chunks
- Combine the onion, brats, and beer into a pot
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes
- Put the brats on a pre-heated grill for another 5 minutes
- Slap them in a bun, dress them up with condiments, and enjoy
Do you like beer brats? What beer did you use?