It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of pairing beer with food, and one of my favorite sites for inspiration is BeerChow.com. I asked Dave from BeerChow if he could put together a tasty beer and food pairing for BillyBrew readers and possibly also include beer in the cooking. He came through big time on both fronts. Thanks for the video, Dave!
Recipe – Habanero Summit Chicken Wings
Makes 12 wings
- 12 – Chicken Wing drumettes
- 1 – 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Butter
- 1- Lg. Habanero Pepper seeded and finely chopped approx. 3 Tablespoons
- 1/4 – teaspoon Summit Hops
- 1/3 – cup Franks Original Hot Sauce
- 1/4 – cup Honey
- 1/4- cup corn meal
- 1/2- cup white flour
- Peanut Oil for cooking
- Salt and Pepper
Melt butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat, do not brown. Add habanero’s, hops, hot sauce, and honey. Occasionally stir over low heat for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain through a sieve into a bowl removing hops and habanero bits. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
On a large plate or shallow bowl combine the corn meal and flour. Toss the wings in the flour mixture and cover completely. Lightly dust off extra flour and fry in peanut oil at 335 df for 12 minutes. Remove and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Whisk sauce just before you add the wings into the bowl. Toss wings in sauce.
Suggested Pairing: Green Flash Imperial IPA
Latest posts by Billy B. (see all)
- The Wine Book Every Beer Drinker Should Read (or…Sniff) - December 6, 2015
- My Journey from Home Brewer to Home Distiller (and how you can do it too) - November 16, 2015
- Craft Beer Lovers Split Over the Influence of Big Beer - October 16, 2015