Have you ever wanted to ship beer to someone? You might be surprised how common beer trading and beer shipping really is. To make sure your package arrives at its destination in one piece, however, you need to make sure you properly pack your beer to ship.
Check out the video above to see my tips on how to pack beer and ship it. Use this method and you’ll have nothing to worry about.
Disclaimer: You ship beer at your own risk.
Tips on how to ship beer
- Use a sturdy double-walled box, or put one box inside another.
- Use plenty of filler material. Packing peanuts and bubble wrap work best.
- Make sure no glass is touching.
- Make sure nothing moves when you shake the box.
- Use styrofoam wine shippers for the best and easiest way to ship.
- Tape, tape, tape!
- Write fragile on the box (though I’m not convinced this makes any difference whatsoever)
- Write “liquid yeast samples” on the box (sort of true).
- Try to package the beer so that the recipient can reuse the packing materials.
- Line the box with bubble wrap or foam.
- Ship beer via UPS or FedEx using an online account and print your shipping label at home. Don’t use USPS.
- Avoid shipping beer during extremely hot weather.
Have you ever sent beer in the mail? What are your beer packing tips?