GABF came and went. Man it goes fast.
I gave you some of my favorites from the first session. The Saturday afternoon session was my second and final one. Many, many beers were consumed, but here are the standouts:
- Loset Abbey Track #7
- Ska Mole Stout
- Cambridge Ozymandias
- Golden Road El Hefe Anejo
- Devils Backbone Black Rock Milk Stout
- New Glarus Hometown Blonde
- Trinity le Capitaine
Rare Beer Tasting
The event that matches, and maybe even exceeds GABF, is the Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Tasting. This was my second year volunteering for it and I’m telling you, it’s a pretty sweet gig.
Two things make it so great: The quality of the beers and the people who attend. Every brewery has to have a “higher up” at their booth to talk to the attendees.
Since I poured for Stone most of the day, I got to hang out with Mitch Steele (head brewer) and Greg Koch (CEO and co-founder). Needless to say, I was a happy camper. Can you tell in the picture below? (photo credit: Beertographer)
I didn’t get to try many beers there since I was pouring the whole time but here are the ones I did try:
- Stone Suitable for Cave Aging Imperial Porter
- Alaskan Perseverance Ale
- Founders Bolt Cutter Barleywine
- Perennial Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- Jester King Gotlandsdricka
- Lost Abbey Track #8
- New Belgium Funky Friends
- Elevation Prostator Smoked Dopplebock
All of these were unbelievable brews and I really can’t pick a favorite.
What will 2013 bring?
We should be talking about beer but because of what happened this year the focus will be on one thing – tickets.
Will we have the same ticket debacle? Will the Brewers Association tell Ticketmaster to go screw themselves and use someone else?
We won’t know until next year. Until then, there is plenty of good stuff to drink in the meantime.
Latest posts by Billy Broas (see all)
- The Wine Book Every Beer Drinker Should Read (or…Sniff) - December 6, 2015
- My Journey from Home Brewer to Home Distiller (and how you can do it too) - November 16, 2015
- Craft Beer Lovers Split Over the Influence of Big Beer - October 16, 2015